- To provide access to quality higher education in health sciences and related areas, ensuring equity, to create a vibrant knowledge capital and to create inspiring leaders of tomorrow who can take this country to the forefront of the developed nations
- To foster academic excellence and global competencies among students in the health profession.
- To create an environment for the generation of new knowledge through
- Meaningful research, adopting latest methods of pedagogy and incorporating modern principles of academics integrated with highest ethical standards
- To extend the knowledge acquired and new knowledge generated for the development of the community in health management
Vision 2020 of Yenepoya University is to be in the forefront of the top Universities in India in Health Sciences, while contributing to the development of health care sector through quality education, health care delivery to the rural masses, translational medical research and creating leaders who can contribute to national development
Goals & Objectives
- To be at the forefront of innovation by consistently updating curriculum, course content and practices, enabling the students to be competent and well versed in the respective field of study
- Provide use of cutting edge technology and resources available to ensure effective transaction of the course contents
- To complement classroom learning with interactive learning systems and hands on training by creating a collaborative Industry University Interface
- Provide freedom to continuously reform health evaluation systems and be at the forefront of innovation to enable and incorporate best practices in teaching learning
- To promote research in the frontier areas of the subject by encouraging the faculty and students by inculcating ethical principles in research
- To facilitate knowledge exchange by organizing seminars, symposia, workshops, lectures and other such activities
- To facilitate communication and collaboration with academia, industry and society in basic research and health related issues
- To create advanced centers of research by developing state-of-the-art facilities and meaningful collaborations
- To sensitize the students towards the social responsibilities by incorporating value education system
- To extend the University services to the community for building a healthy, empowered and sustainable society
- To build human resources and develop technologies to respond to the professional needs of the society
- To take up extension and outreach programs to serve the community in health related areas
Yenepoya University a not-for-profit trust was established in 1991 by entrepreneur Mr. Yenepoya Abdulla Kunhi as its Chairman, with a commitment to the upliftment of minorities in general.
The trustees perceived a hiatus in the area of Health Professional education and so decided to start a Dental college. Within a short span of time, the Yenepoya Dental College was granted permission in 1992; recognized under section 3(A) of the UGC Act, 1956 by the Dental Council of India to educate aspiring students to become dentists. Soon, with one successful milestone after another Trust launched the Yenepoya Institute of Nursing Sciences (1994), the Yenepoya Medical College (1999), the Yenepoya Nursing College (2002) and the Yenepoya Physiotherapy College (2003). All these colleges offer Graduate, Postgraduate, Ph.D., and various certification programs.
From its inception, the management dreamt of providing quality higher education, and towards this goal hired the best in their profession. In a healthy campus with natural surroundings, the trust raised buildings designed to bring out the best learning environs, in the distant suburbs of Mangalore.The Islamic Academy of Education in its quest towards excellence in professional education decided to sponsor the formation of a new trust with the sole purpose of creating a Deemed-to-be University (2007). Recognizing the yeoman service provided over the years by these institutions, the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Union of India, on the recommendation of the University Grants Commission granted recognition to Yenepoya University Trust a Deemed-to-be University status under section 3A of the UGC Act 1956 in 2008. This opened a new chapter in the history of Yenepoya Institutions.
Today, the Yenepoya Deemed to be University has on its rolls nearly 3000 students. The University campus located in Nithyananda Nagar, Deralakatte has been accorded with all modern infrastructure facilities that include fully furnished classrooms, well-maintained science laboratories, residential quarters for staff and separate lodging facilities for boys and girls. The saga of Yenepoya Deemed to be University is yet to unfold and greater achievements are around the corner. To prove that quality has been the signature of the institutions and more than just lip service, we have been accredited by NAAC with “A” grade and CGPA points of 3.14 during November 2015. The Deemed to be University has been ranked the Third Best University among best Young Universities in Karnataka by K-SURF, Government of Karnataka 2016 and ranked in top 100 (95th) in range in NIRF of MHRD, Govt. of Indian Universities category in the country.